The prestigious and wonderful Historic Houses Association (HHA) Restoration Award for 2017, sponsored by Sotheby’s, was awarded to Glynde Place in East Sussex. It comes to recognize the dedication of owners to the care and sympathetic restoration of the historic buildings that they own, inhabit, and share with the public. Glynde Place has been owned by same family since constructed in 1569, served today as the family home of Francis and Caroline Brand, Lord and Lady Hampden. The building has developed with each generation, however upon inheriting the house the family were met with the stark reality of a large house divided into distinct areas, some of which were neglected, damp and unsuitable for use a family home. The Brands set out to restore this Elizabethan mansion to its former glory as a lived-in home, to conserve the historic fabric, integrate modern services, and create an event and visitor area. Images by Gyan Gurung Photography.
View Our Shop For Limited Edition Items