Non-securitized, stylish travel in 1960s John F. Kennedy International. The famed TWA Flight Center, designed by Eero Saarinen for Trans World Airlines and opened in 1956, looked like a giant wing (below). Its design, which came to capture futuristic architecture, or as it was called “Googie,” became synonymous with ‘travel in chic.’ But the lesser known facilities, which added to the glamorous and pleasurable travel, were a series of three chapels, built in 1967 (above). A synagogue designed by Bloch and Hesse; a Protestant chapel, designed by Edgar J. Tafel; and a Catholic chapel designed by George J. Sole, represented the three great religions of America, all blended seamlessly into the airport’s shopping mall aesthetic of the Cold-War years. Demolished in the late 80s, they symbolized the end of stylish travel in 1960s New York.